Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm in love....



....with needle felting!
After admiring Jenn Docherty's work for so long, and seeing various other's work on Etsy,
I decided to try it for myself. I hopped on over to Romni Wools last week, picked up some wool and a felting pin, and began 'stabbing' away as soon as I got in the door! (It's not as violent as it sounds...trust me.)

Before long I was a smitten little kitten.

This wee teddy was my first attempt....



....he is about 3.5 inches tall, and has movable arms and legs.
Sadly, he has no eyes.


Attempt #2.....


...a bunny! With eyes!

Attempt #3 is in the works. I'll post some pics if it turns out okay,
and if i don't, you'll know something went terribly wrong.

For all those needle felters out there, helpful hints and tips would be greatly appreciated!